PLHS Alumni Hall of Fame
In Fall of 2015, in conjunction with the Gala Celebration of PLHS’s 90th year, PLHS Alumni will be reinstituting the PLHS Alumni Hall of Fame. New inductees will be honored at the 90th Gala event. Each year thereafter we will induct additional members at a yearly ceremony.
- Honor our Alumni
- Preserve our Legacy
- Inspire the next generation of Pointers
Do you know someone deserving of this Honor? Nominate them!
Nomination Packet deadline is July 31, 2015.
You may also submit a Statement in support of a Nominated Candidate. Read more.
PLHS Gala/Auction Celebrating 90 Years of PLHS History!
October 24, 2015
Hilton Resort and Spa
Tickets now being sold. Earlybird pricing!
Donate to PLHS Alumni and keep our History alive
Donate on Line - Print & Mail Donation
"PLHS Alumni Association was founded in 1978
to help promote communication among Pointer alumni,
preserve the history of Point Loma High School, and
maintain alumni records.
Operating under the nonprofit umbrella of the PLHS
Pointer Association, we support Pointers past,
present, and future.
Once a Pointer, Always a Pointer!"
Our mission is to develop
and provide resources for enhancing the educational environment
of PLHS, to connect alumni, and to maximize interaction
between alumni, parents, students, staff, and others
who care about PLHS with a goal of building Pointer Pride
for generations past, present and future.
PLHS Alumni support includes:
- Dedicated PLHS Alumni website.
- PLHS Alumni News emails to keep Alumni connected.
- Collection of, and access to, Pointer historical memorabilia
(yearbooks, student newspapers, clippings, photos, videos,
athletic/band/cheer uniforms, trophies, classroom and building
- Master database of all Pointer alumni in a secure alumni directory/database
- Resources provided to Reunion chairs to facilitate communication
with their classmates (contact lists, broadcast email)
and ensure the success of their events (campus tours, memorabilia
for display, suggestions/advice from other chairs, holding
class funds for safekeeping between events.)
- Yearly Scholarships assist graduating seniors in attaining
their higher education goals, and remind them they are
part of 85 years of history and tradition. (Scholarships
have been given by the PLHS Alumni Association since 1975.)
Where support for PLHS Alumni comes from:
- Alumni Committee volunteers. This year we hope the committee can meet
quarterly in a fun environment (can you say Happy Hour?)
to come up with ideas for fun alumni activities and support
- Alumni Fund support the cost of the website, fund our Alumni
support to PLHS Pointer Association programs.
How to Help
Give to the PLHS Alumni Fund
- Maintaining alumni connections, website, email communication,
memorabilia archives, PLHS History project, reunion chair support, and grants
to PLHS Pointer Association programs.
to one of our Alumni Scholarship Funds here
- Spirit of the Pointer Scholarship
- Bennie Edens Memorial Scholarship
- The Larry Zeiger
Ideas for PLHS Alumni projects that can use Volunteer
- Scanning: 85 years of El Portal yearbooks, photos, news
articles so they can be accessible to our alumni.
- PLHS History Project: Video-taping Pointer Alums (from as far back as we can
find them) to get their stories of life at PLHS through
- PLHS Alumni News: Ideas for improving content, researching news article and reunion update info. Got
ideas? Tell us! E-mail
- Homecoming activities: For Alumni.
- Alumni Guest Speakers: On campus for students and
- Pointer Hall of Fame: Reinstatement of yearly nominations and inductions to
Alumni Hall of Fame.
to the PLHS Pointer Association here
- Campus support for all students. Providing resources
to enhance the three A's - "Academics, Arts and Athletics".
E-mail for Alumni - Our