View Alumni Pics
"PLHS Alumni Association was founded in 1978
to help promote communication among Pointer alumni,
preserve the history of Point Loma High School, and
maintain alumni records.
Operating under the nonprofit umbrella of the PLHS
Pointer Association, we support Pointers past,
present, and future.
Once a Pointer, Always a Pointer!"
Our mission is to develop
and provide resources for enhancing the educational environment
of PLHS, to connect alumni, and to maximize interaction
between alumni, parents, students, staff, and others
who care about PLHS with a goal of building Pointer Pride
for generations past, present and future.
PLHS Alumni support includes:
- Dedicated PLHS Alumni website.
- eUpdate newsletters* to
keep Alumni connected.
- Collection of, and access to, Pointer historical memorabilia
(yearbooks, student newspapers, clippings, photos, videos,
athletic/band/cheer uniforms, trophies, classroom and building
- Master database of all Pointer alumni in a secure online
- Resources provided to Reunion chairs to facilitate communication
with their classmates (contact lists, broadcast email*)
and ensure the success of their events (campus tours, memorabilia
for display, suggestions/advice from other chairs, holding
class funds for safekeeping between events.)
- Yearly Scholarships assist graduating seniors in attaining
their higher education goals, and remind them they are
part of 85 years of history and tradition. (Scholarships
have been given by the PLHS Alumni Association since 1975.)
*(eUpdate newsletters, broadcast email, and secure online
database/directory are provided free to us thanks to our
partnership with Harris Connect Graduate Connections.)
Where support for PLHS Alumni comes from:
- Alumni Committee volunteers. Get
Involved This year we hope the committee can meet
quarterly in a fun environment (can you say Happy Hour?)
to come up with ideas for fun alumni activities and support
- Donations to the
Alumni Fund support the cost of the website, fund our Alumni
support to PLHS Pointer Association programs.
- The Pointer Association general fund.
How to Help
Give to the PLHS Alumni Fund
- Maintaining alumni connections, website, email communication,
memorabilia archives, reunion chair support, and grants
to PLHS Pointer Association programs.
to one of our Alumni Scholarship Funds here
- Spirit of the Pointer Scholarship
- Bennie Edens Memorial Scholarship
- The Larry Zeiger
to the PLHS Pointer Association here
- Campus support for all students. Providing resources
to enhance the three A's - "Academics, Arts and Athletics".
Ideas for PLHS Alumni projects that can use Volunteer
- Scanning 85 years of El Portal yearbooks, photos, news
articles so they can be accessible to our alumni.
- Video-taping Pointer Alums (from as far back as we can
find them) to get their stories of life at PLHS through
- Improving content for eUpate newsletters. News-Reunion
updates-Pics-In Memorium- More Content/Less begging. Got
ideas? Tell us! E-mail
- Homecoming activities for Alumni.
- Alumni Guest Speakers on campus for stu dents and to the
- Reinstatement of yearly nominations and inductions to
Alumni Hall of Fame
Get Involved!! Page Coming Soon
E-mail for Alumni - Our